Last Updated on 04/08/2021
Tips for a Greener Workplace
Here at www.greenbuying.co.uk we are passionate in our desire to help businesses to become greener and more environmentally sustainable. We believe that it?s often the small actions in the workplace that can really make all the difference in lowering your carbon footprint and energy consumption levels. Often these steps can also save money as well. In this blog we offer some top tips for businesses to be more environmentally sustainable:
1. Try to use a fountain pen at work. Unlike ball point pens, these can be refilled with ink many times and not thrown away when they run out of ink.
2. If you have to print something, try to make it double sided. Obviously this will halve the amount of paper being used at the workplace.
3. Install electric hand dryers in the restrooms. This will reduce waste, with less paper being used.
4. When you leave work for home at night, always try to turn off all computers. Although it might take a few minutes longer to load up the next day, IT equipment even on standby can use up a lot of energy. The IT industry is believed to account for nearly 2% of all global carbon emissions, which is about the same amount as the aviation industry!
5. Overall try to keep to the maxim of the 3 R?s ? Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Reduce your waste at the workplace, try to reuse things again, and if possible recycle objects that you do not need anymore.
Stay tuned for further green tips on the www. greenbuying.co.uk blog.